|RECOMMENDED PLACES TO LOOK :
1. Pacific Coast Kitchen and Bath (SLO- behind Trader Joe’s) - They sell bathroom and kitchen fixtures,
tubs, faucets, toilets, etc. They offer mid-range to high end amenities and handle many unique products that you
won’t find elsewhere. The employees are professional and the level of service is excellent. Prices are mainstream
2. San Luis Marble and Granite (SLO-Edna Rd.) - They sell granite slabs and fabricate them for custom
installations. They are an established business and do high quality work. SLO Marble and Granite is a very nice
place to do business with.
3. TileCo (SLO and Paso) - Very large selection of tiles. Employees are very helpful. They have a good track
record of getting orders filled on time.
4. Idler’s (SLO and Paso) - They have a wide range of mid to high end high end appliances. You can find
custom stoves and unique range hoods there. The prices are a little higher there but they offer a high level of
service that offsets the price.
5. Pro Source (SLO- next to Cole) - One of the largest showrooms for flooring in the area.
6. Home Depot - Good place to shop for kitchen cabinets. The SLO store's Kitchen Department is excellent.
Overall, they offer the lowest pricing on the stocked items in the stores. Some of the in stock bathroom vanities and
cabinets are of marginal quality. Special orders through Home Depot (other than cabinets) seem expensive and not
especially a good value.
7. Aggson's Glass - A great place for shower doors. Windows and decorative glass specialists. Free
estimates. Courteous and professional service. Reasonable pricing.
8. Internet - Always a good source of remodeling supplies and ideas. You can get a reality check on prices
and see what’s new. The downside of Internet ordering is the shipping costs. A cast iron sink might have a $100
|Web Site Created and
D. M. Blum